Apple Loaf with Fleur de Sel
Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs Lot 9
The Cereal and wheat aroma from this clear and crisp brew is in perfect harmony with this sweet bread.
- 255 g butter, softened
- 1 cup (237g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (75 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp. (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (470g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. (7.5g) baking powder
- ½ tsp. (2.5g) salt
- ¼ tsp. (1g) baking soda
- 2 cups (500g) diced peeled tart apples
- ½ cup (120g) chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup (65g) sugar
- ¼ cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. (10g) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (65g) cold butter, cubed
- 1-2 tsp. (5-10g) fleur de sel (sea salt or coarse salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Beat in buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Gradually add dry mixture to creamed/wet mixture folding apples and walnuts in last.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and cubed butter and mix gently until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Scoop batter in a greased 9” x 5” loaf pan and top with topping mixture. Finish by sprinkling fleur de sel on topping.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before removing from pan and slicing.