Apple and Ginger Bread Pudding
Availability varies by market
Molson Canadian Cider
It is always fun trying to pair a dessert with a cider, and the sweet refreshing flavour of Molson Canadian Cider matches perfectly with the familiar spice blend of the warm bread pudding.
- One loaf (around 400g) of white bread, cubed, and left out overnight
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups (1L) heavy cream
- 1½ cups (360g) brown sugar
- ¼ cups (60g) candied ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. (15g) cinnamon
- 1 tsp. (5g) ginger powder
- 3 tbsp. (45g) unsalted butter
- 3 medium (4 cups) Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1 cm dice
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, cream, brown sugar, candied ginger, cinnamon and ginger powder.
- Add bread cubes to the cream mixture and pour into a baking dish. Set aside to allow the bread to absorb the liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat up the butter in a heavy-bottomed skillet. Stirring constantly until the butter is foamy and beginning to brown.
- Add apples and sauté until softened and slightly browned.
- Add maple syrup and coat the apples until the syrup reduces a bit and apples are sticky and caramelized.
- Stir the caramelized apples into the bread mixture and bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is set and an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.