Availability varies by market
Rickard's Red IPA
Rickard’s IPA’s notes of toasted nuts and brittle toffee are a perfect companion with the smoked bacon and rich cheddar cheese from the tomato melt.
- 4 thick slices of sourdough
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon, cut in half
- 1 tomato, sliced into 8 slices
- 4 slices of old cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (65ml) brown sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay the bacon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy and lightly browned. Remove from the oven and lay on a paper towel to drain.
- To assemble the melts, spread some brown sauce on the sourdough and lay 2 slices of tomato on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the tomato slices with 2 pieces of bacon and finish with a slice of cheddar. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Lay the sandwiches on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.