Buffalo Mozzarella, Prosciutto and Tomato Salad
Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Island Lager
The beers hints of light hop and grains pairs perfectly with the earthy tones of the Italian Prosciutto and mozzarella.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 kg fresh buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- ½ cup (125mL) capers, rinsed
- 300g prosciutto ham, sliced thin
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup (50mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (45mL) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. (45mL) Dijon mustard
- Cut tomatoes into 2 centimeter wide slices
- Cut buffalo mozzarella into slices of similar sized widths as the tomato slices.
- On each salad plate, or on a large serving plate, arrange the tomato and cheese slices so they alternate, laying first a slice of tomato and then a slice of cheese. As each slice of tomato is placed on the plate, season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the onion and capers over the slices of cheese and tomatoes and then top with the sliced prosciutto.
- For the dressing, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Season to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over all the ingredients and garnish with basil.