Cod Baked with Cherry Tomatoes and Topped with Parmesan Cheese
Availability varies by market
Molson Canadian 67
The light hint of corn and hops in this beer matches beautifully with the earthy flavour of the Parmesan cheese and its light refreshing quality cuts right through the oils in the baked cod.
- 4 cod fillets, skin on (4oz each)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (65ml) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup (120g) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (120g) Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat.
- Season the cod filets with salt and pepper and sear, skin side down for 5-7 minutes until the skin is golden brown and crisp.
- Carefully flip over the fish, add the garlic and cherry tomatoes to the pan, and bake for 5-7 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- Remove the fish and tomatoes from the pan to a serving platter, drizzle with the lemon juice mixture, season with salt and pepper and top with the grated Parmesan.