Crisp Potato Wedges with Cheddar Cheese
Availability varies by market
Miller Genuine Draft
The subtle hop character of Miller Genuine Draft complements the earthy flavour from the potatoes and the mixture of spices used to garnish the wedges is balanced by the beer’s bright malty sweetness. The medium body and smooth finish of the beer balances the creaminess of the melted cheddar cheese, making it a perfect pairing.
- 6 (1.2kg) Large russet potatoes, rinsed
- ¼ cup (60ml) Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30g) Garlic, minced
- 3 tsp (18g) Coarse salt
- 1 tsp (6g) Smoked paprika
- ⅔ cup (200g) Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. (2g) Parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 390°F. Line 2 large baking sheet trays with parchment (baking) paper; place in the oven.
- Cut each potato in half lengthways, then cut each half in half lengthways again, and then cut each half in half lengthways again until you have 8 wedges (make sure they are about the same thickness and size).
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, salt and paprika. Place wedges into the bowl and toss together to coat evenly. Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a large baking tray, skin-sides-down. Sprinkle with extra salt if needed. Bake for 35 minutes, turning wedges half way through baking time, until golden, crisp and cooked through when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and return to the oven for 2 minutes.
- Serve on a platter and top with parsley.