Devil on Horseback (Bacon wrapped dates)
Availability varies by market
Caffrey's Irish Ale
The hint of juicy red apples in Caffrey’s Irish Ale is a wonderful highlight to the sweetness of the dates while bacons smoke matches with the beers background of savory notes.
- 24 large dates, pitted
- 12 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- ⅔ cup (80g) crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 24 toothpicks in a small bowl filled with water; let soak 15 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack; set aside.
- Halve dates lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through. Place a small amount of cheese in the center of each date. Wrap a piece of bacon around each date. Secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Place dates on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.