Availability varies by market
Rickard's Red Session Lager
Rickard's Red Session Lager's carbonation cuts through the richness of this dish and leaves the palate clean and ready for the next bite.
- 8 thin slices of Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches of spinach, trimmed and washed
- ¼ cup (65ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30g) black peppercorns
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of tarragon
- 2 egg yolks
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (65ml) white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 English muffins, halved, toasted and buttered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove and set a side.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil and the sliced garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until golden brown, then add the spinach and cook for 3-4 minutes until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile combine the vinegar, peppercorns, shallot and tarragon in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes and strain through a fine sieve.
- Combine vinegar reduction and egg yolks in a medium heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with summering water and whisk together.
- Gently stream in the melted butter, whisking constantly until thick and creamy to make a hollandaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a deep frying pan, filled with water, add the white vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer. Poach the eggs in the water for 2-3 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place the toasted English muffins on serving plates, top with the crispy prosciutto, spinach and poached eggs. Drizzle with the hollandaise and finish with black pepper.