Fresh Tomatoes and Basil Spaghetti
Availability varies by market
The clean and refreshing taste of this beer complements the sweet earthy flavour of the tomatoes in this pasta, and the basil is a wonderful complement to Sol’s mild cereal notes.
- 500g dried spaghetti
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup (120g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the spaghetti until tender but firm to the tooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, add the olive oil and set over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and chili to the oil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently to avoid browning.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the pan along with some of the pasta water and toss to combine.
- Add the basil and half of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta and top with the other half of the cheese.