Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Swing Span Amber Ale
The rich flavours of malt and toffee in Granville Island Swing Span Amber Ale match beautifully with the grilled lamb and the freshness from the herbs and the acid from the yogurt help refresh the pallet, in preparation for another sip.
- 1.5 kg ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup (120g) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. (60g) dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 cup (250ml) plain whole milk yogurt
- 4 tsp. (20ml) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp. (20g) chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 head Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Mini slider buns
- Preheat BBQ to medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, mint and garlic to make tzatziki. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine lamb, onion, parsley and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into small patties (around 15) about 2 centimeters thick
- Grill patties for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until medium-rare to medium.
- Halve the burger buns, and toast on the BBQ until slightly charred.
- Top the burger buns with the tzatziki, lettuce, red onion, tomatoes and the lamb patties.