Grilled Lamb with Mint and Apple Chutney
Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing English Bay Pale Ale
Granville Island English Pale Ale has a distinct character of both caramel and malts, which matches beautifully with the grilled lamb and mint.
- 2 tbsp. (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup (80g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (120g) golden raisins
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) apple-cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup (85ml) water
- ¼ tsp. (1g) ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup (80g) chopped fresh mint
- 8 lamb chops (about 1.5 kg)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until translucent, about 4 min.
- Stir in apples, brown sugar, raisins, vinegar, water, nutmeg and Kosher salt to taste
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until apple is tender and mixture has thickened slightly, about 8 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh mint.
- While you are making the chutney, preheat BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper and lightly coat with oil. Grill on each side for about 3 minutes for medium rare.
- Let lamb rest for 5-10 minutes and serve with the chutney.