Grilled Lamb with Walnut and Endive Salad
Availability varies by market
Belgian Moon’s complex taste of citrus enhances the deep rich flavour of the blue cheese and walnuts and its light body is a wonderful complement to the grilled lamb’s slight game quality.
- ¼ cup (65ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) honey
- ¾ cup (190ml) olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 8 lamb chops (about 1.5 kilograms)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 heads of Endive, halved lengthwise, cored and sliced into 2 cm slices
- ¼ cup (60g) blue cheese, crumbles
- ¼ cup (60g) walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat, and let the lamb come to room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, and Dijon. Stream in the olive oil while whisking vigorously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and grill for 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from the grill and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Toss the endive with the vinaigrette, top with the blue cheese and walnuts and serve with the grilled lamb chops.