Grilled Pineapple and Mint Cream
Availability varies by market
Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider
The sweetness from the stone fruit in Molson Canadian Stone Fruit Cider balances perfectly with pineapple and the charred flavour adds an additional beautiful contrast to the cider’s unique spice blend.
- 2 pineapples, peeled, sliced into 3 centimeter rounds and cored
- 2 tbsp. (30g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30g) unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) dark rum
- 1 bunch of mint, picked and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. (30g) white sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) whipping cream
- Heat the BBQ to medium high heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the brown sugar and rum and bring to a boil for 1-3 minutes until syrupy, then set aside and stir in half the mint.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form and then fold in the rest of the mint.
- Brush the pineapple slices with the sauce and grill for 4-5 minutes per side until slightly charred.
- Remove the grilled pineapple from the BBQ and serve with the whipped cream.