Grilled Steak with Lemon and Herbs
Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Hey Day Hefeweizen
The fruitiness and hints of citrus of Granville Island Hey Day Hefeweizen give a perfect balance to the acidic qualities in this marinate. The light hint of banana in the beer is surprisingly amazing with the sweetness of the grilled steak.
- 4 thick cut (3 to 4 cm) rib eye steaks
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 lemons juiced (approximately ¼ cup or 65mL) and zested
- 1 tbsp. (15g) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. (1g) dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. (5g) freshly cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat BBQ to high heat.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, basil, oregano, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic and black pepper in a large shallow dish.
- Place steaks in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and let stand for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper and grill for 4 to 5 minutes a side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board, and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.