Grilled Turkey with Roast Potatoes
Availability varies by market
Rickard's Red IPA
Rickard’s IPA’s notes of toasted nuts and brittle toffee are wonderful with the charred flavour given from the grilled turkey breast.
- 1 L buttermilk
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 x 2.5-3kg whole bone-in turkey breast
- ¼ cup (65ml) Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 kg red new potatoes, cut into 1 cm slices
- In a large bowl whisk the buttermilk with the lemon slices, garlic, half of the rosemary and some salt and pepper.
- Add the turkey breast to the bowl, turn to coat evenly with the marinade, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the turkey for 12 to 18 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the turkey from the bowl pat dry with paper towels. Discard the marinade. Brush the turkey with some olive oil, and leave at room temperature for 1 hour before grilling.
- Preheat BBQ to medium heat
- In a medium bowl whisk 2 tablespoons of oil, some more garlic, the rest of the rosemary, salt and pepper, then add the potatoes.
- About 10 minutes before the turkey is done, preheat a roasting on the BBQ.
- Remove the turkey from the grill and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- While the turkey rests, roast the potatoes on the preheated pan with the lid closed until tender and browned, about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Cut the turkey into slices and serve with the roast potatoes.