Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Cypress Honey Lager
Though thinking pairing both honey wings and Granville Island Brewing Cypress Honey Lager would be over powering with the amount of honey flavour, it is actually perfectly balanced with the beers beautiful crisp hoppy nature.
- 2 kg chicken wings, cut into drumsticks and flats
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- ¼ cup (65ml) honey
- 4 tbsp. (60g) butter
- 1 tbsp. (15g) all-purpose flour
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. (3g) onion powder
- ¼ cup (65ml) water
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. (5ml) Sriracha
- Put enough vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pot to come about an inch up the pot and place it on a medium-high burner.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the wings for 10-15 minutes, or until parts of the wings begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients except flour into a small saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Add flour and stir vigorously so that the flour dissolves completely.
- Continue to simmer until it reaches the desired thickness and check the seasoning, adding more honey or Sriracha to taste.
- When the wings are cooked, remove them from the oil and toss with the honey garlic sauce in a large bowl.