Marinated Shrimp over Grilled Romaine
Availability varies by market
Rickard's Radler Grapefruit
The sweet citrus notes of the Rickard’s Grapefruit Radler complement the lime flavours in the dish as well as balancing the light heat from the jalapeño.
- 750g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. (5g) smoked paprika
- ¼ cup (60g) cilantro stems
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 3 romaine hearts, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded
- 1 tsp. (5ml) honey
- 1 green onion
- ½ cup (120g) cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine half the garlic, lime zest, jalapeno, paprika, cilantro stems and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the shrimp.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium heat.
- Brush the romaine halves with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the other half of the garlic and set aside.
- In a blender, combine avocado, remaining olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lettuce for 1-2 minutes per side until charred, remove from the grill and increase the BBQ to high heat.
- Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side until charred and cooked through.
- Place the grilled lettuce on a serving platter, top with the shrimp, cilantro leaves, green onions and a fresh squeeze of lime juice.