Meatballs with Fresh Tomato Sauce (Sammy or Pasta)
Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Infamous IPA
The slight acidity in the tomato sauce cuts though the light bitter flavour of the hops in Granville Island Infamous IPA, while the richness of the meatballs matches perfectly with the grassy highlights in the beer.
- 4 slices (260g) white crusty bread (2 packed cups)
- 1 kg ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60g) flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60g) grated Parmesan cheese, plus 1 cup (240g) for serving
- 1½ tsp. (6g) Kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. (6g) freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (65g) dried bread crumbs
- 4 cups (1L) Tomato sauce
- Heat the oven to 325°F.
- Put the fresh bread in a bowl, cover it with water, and let it soak for a minute.
- Drain and wring out the bread, then crumble and tear it into tiny pieces then combine with the remaining ingredients in a medium-mixing bowl.
- Shape the meat mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and space them evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan large enough for the meatballs over medium heat.
- Place the meatballs into the sauce and simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Serve the meatballs 3 to a person with the tomato sauce and top with more Parmesan cheese.