Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Hey Day Hefeweizen
The touch of citrus and tartness in the Granville Island Hey Day Hefeweizen match perfectly with the mushrooms in the dish and balance the creaminess from the mascarpone cheese.
- 500g rigatoni pasta
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g assorted mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) mushroom stock
- 1 cup (240g) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup (120g) grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup (20g) chopped fresh chives
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook until soft and translucent.
- Raise the heat to high and add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until mushrooms are tender and beginning to brown.
- Add the stock and simmer for a few minutes until liquid is slightly reduced. When the liquid has reduced, stir in the mascarpone until it is creamy.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the mushroom mixture and the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to coat pasta, adding the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce if needed.
- Garnish with the chopped chives and serve immediately.