Mustard Green, Roasted Chicken and Citrus Salad
Availability varies by market
The super clean and malty flavour of Coors Banquet is a perfect pair for this light, slightly bitter salad.
- 2 bunches mustard greens
- ½ cup (120g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (40ml) lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. (5ml) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 orange segments
- ½ tsp. (2.5g) freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. (2g) salt
- 2 chicken breasts (grilled for approx. 15 – 20 min)
- Strip leaves from the stems (discard stems).
- Wash and dry the leaves. Tear the leaves into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add Parmesan, oil, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, pepper and salt.
- With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavouring.
- Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny. Taste and adjust seasoning with more Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce and/or pepper and top salad with sliced grilled chicken and orange segments