Original Buffalo Chicken Wings
Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs Kellerbier
The hint of spice and citrus in Creemore springs Kellerbier pair well with the tangy and acidic flavours of the chicken wings.
- 2 kg chicken wings, cut into drumsticks and flats
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 stick (115g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250mL) Buffalo style hot sauce
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Blue cheese dressing
- Celery sticks
- Put enough vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed pot to come about an inch up the pot and place it on a medium-high burner.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fry the wings for 10-15 minutes, or until parts of the wings begin to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and hot sauce in small saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking until combined.
- Transfer wings to large bowl, season with salt and add the hot sauce.
- Toss to thoroughly coat and serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.