Availability varies by market
Birra Moretti has a beautiful lemon and hop quality in it, which makes wonderful complement to the brininess of the clams and herbal notes of the dish.
- 500 g Manila or pasta clams, scrubbed
- 150 g spaghetti
- 6 tbsp. (90ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. (5g) dried red chili flakes
- ½ cup (120ml) water
- 2 tbsp. (30g) chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- Fill a large pot with water, season lightly with salt and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat 4 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and clams, stirring thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high, add red chili flakes and water and cover skillet.
- Cook until clams open, 3-5 minutes.
- While clams are cooking, add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente. Strain and reserve ½ cup of pasta cooking water.
- Once clams have opened, transfer to a bowl using tongs.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup of pasta cooking water to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and strained pasta back to skillet and toss with chopped parsley.
- Transfer pasta to warmed bowls, garnishing with clams and a drizzle of remaining olive oil.