Potato and Zucchini Orecchiette Pasta
Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Island Lager
The citric notes of the Granville Island Lager balance the starchiness from the potatoes and the pasta nicely. The dry finish keeps this pairing nice and clean.
- 1 large Yukon potato, peeled and cut into 2 centimeter cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini (about 600g total), trimmed and cut into 2 centimeter dice
- 500g dried orechiette pasta
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (5g) chopped basil
- ½ cup (120g) freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add potatoes to boiling water and boil for 3 minutes. Add zucchini and pasta and boil until pasta is al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid then drain pasta and vegetables in a colander.
- In a bowl, gently toss pasta and vegetables with oil, reserved cooking liquid, and Parmesan.
- Season with additional salt and pepper and top with more Parmesan.