Pumpkin Seed Crusted Haddock
Availability varies by market
Molson Canadian 67
The lightness of the Molson Canadian 67 nicely balances the nuttiness from the pumpkin seeds and the spice from the cayenne and cumin.
- 1½ cup (360g) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. (5g) cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. (5g) cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 kg fresh haddock filets
- ¼ cup (65ml) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Toss pumpkin seeds with the cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper, lay on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and pulse in a food processor until fine.
- Season the haddock filets with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy, dip the filets into the whites and then coat in the pumpkin seed crust.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and sear for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Finish in the oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.