Roasted Pumpkin with Hazelnuts and Emmental Cheese
Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs Premium Lager
The traditionally brewed Creemore Springs Premium Lager brings out several of the flavours found in this dish. The hazelnuts are complemented by the beer’s slightly nutty hop flavour, while savoury Emmental cheese contrasts the rich, malty flavour of the beer. Including beer in your cooking is a great way to unlock new flavours, adding a whole new layer to your favourite recipes.
- 2.5 lbs (1.5kg) Pumpkin or squash, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp. (60ml) Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. (20g) Kosher salt
- ¼ cup (100g) Hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 1 pc (10g) Zest of 1 lemon
- 4-5 pc (10g) Thyme sprigs picked
- 1-2 pc (20g) Red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup (300g) Emmental cheese, shredded
- 1 pc (340ml) Creemore Springs Premium Lager (or vegetable stock)
- Heat the oven to 350°F
- Brush the pumpkin/squash wedges with the oil, season well and lay out on baking trays with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 min minutes, turning once, until light golden brown.
- Deglaze pan with CSB Premium Lager (or vegetable stock)
- Return to oven for an additional 20 min.
- Sprinkle cheese over Squash and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Divide the pumpkin/squash among plates, top with the chopped hazelnuts, lemon zest, thyme and red chili. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.