Availability varies by market
Miller Genuine Draft
The balanced finish of Miller Genuine Draft complements grilled meats, like the chicken. Additionally, the bright sweetness of the beer is complemented by the maple syrup found in the chicken’s marinade. The subtle heat from the paprika is cut by the smooth finish of the beer.
- 4-5 (1kg) Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. (15g) Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp (8g) Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. (15g) Kosher salt
- 1 tsp (8g) Onion powder
- 1 tsp (8g) Black pepper fresh ground
- ½ cup (110ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 lbs (454g) Your favourite wood chips
- 1 Baguette
- Soak your wood chips in water and light your BBQ in advance of prepping your chicken. This is especially important if you are using a charcoal BBQ. Your charcoal will take about 30 minutes to turn glowing white before it is ready for cooking/ smoking. Once your charcoal is lit, put your wood chips in a foil pouch with holes punched in the top or in a smoker box to allow the smoke to escape out the top. BBQ should be at 250°F. Place your wood chip pack directly on the coals.
- If using a gas BBQ, heat one side to low. Place the packet of wood chips or smoker box directly on the flame underneath the grill. Again the BBQ should be at around 250°F.
- Mix all of the chicken seasonings together in a mixing bowl along with maple syrup to coat all of your chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts on your BBQ away from the flame and shut your grill lid. Cook for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Check your smoked chicken breasts to make sure the temperature is still holding at about 250°F. Flip the chicken breasts and close the lid again. After 30 minutes, check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer. You are looking for a temperature of 160°F before you can pull them off the BBQ.
- Let cool, slice thin and pile on your fresh baguette. Top with your favorite sandwich toppings.
- Optional using a smoker instead of a BBQ.