Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs Lot 9
Sweet, and bready tones of this beer cuts through gracefully the richness of the spread while also plays a perfect match to the smoke of the fish.
- 3 tbsp. (45g) unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15g) sherry (or red wine) vinegar
- 500 g hot smoked trout fillets
- 1 tsp. (5g) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. (5g) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. (30g) crème fraiche or sour cream
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
- 1 jar of cornichon
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add butter to melt.
- Add chopped shallots, stirring often to avoid browning. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add sherry vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat off, set aside mixture and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, gently flake smoked trout into a medium bowl being careful not to smash fillets.
- Add lemon juice, zest and crème fraiche to flaked trout.
- Fold cooled butter, shallot and vinegar mixture with trout mix and combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix can be stored in refrigerator or eaten immediately. Serve room temperature with toasted baguette and cornichons.