Smoked Turkey and Cranberry Compote Panini
Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs/Mad & Noisy Brewing Hops & Bolts
The cranberry compote is actually what ties these two flavours together. The beers pithy grapefruit bitterness is a perfect match to the tangy sweetness of the compote.
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 200g thinly sliced Fontina cheese
- 225g sliced turkey
- ½ cup (125ml) cranberry compote or cranberry sauce
- 1 cup (240g) arugula leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- For each sandwich, lay a slice of cheese on a slice of bread and then top with the turkey, cranberry, arugula and another slice of cheese. Top with the other bread slice and repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, brush one side of the sandwich with olive oil and place the oil side of the sandwich down in the pan.
- Place a smaller heavy pan on the sandwich to press it down and cook for 5 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt and the bread becomes golden brown.
- Brush the untoasted side with olive oil, carefully flip the sandwich and weigh it down again. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Slice each sandwich diagonally and serve warm.