Availability varies by market
These two make wonderful a match on a hot summer’s day. Sol’s clean and crisp flavour is a wonder refreshing finish to the soups light and earthy tones.
- 1 kg summer tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- ¼ cup (65ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp. (10ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. (10ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. (30g) fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Return the puréed mixture to the bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and more lemon juice if needed.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.