Availability varies by market
Creemore Springs/Mad & Noisy Brewing Hops & Bolts
The beers refined balance between hops and malt is a perfect combination with the sweet and charred flavours of the beef.
- 1-1½-2 kg bone-in rib-eye roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- ½ cup (130ml) balsamic vinegar
- 5 cups (1.2L) beef stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heavily season the rib-eye roast with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron roasting pan and place beef in hot pan. Sear until deep golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast for approximately 45 minutes for medium-rare flipping the roast every 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and transfer the beef to a cutting board. Allow meat to rest for at least 15 minutes, tented with foil, before carving.
- While the meat is resting, pour off excess fat from the pan and place on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until soft and brown, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot with balsamic vinegar, scraping up browned bits from the bottom.
- Add stock and simmer until reduced again by half.
- Strain the gravy through fine mesh sieve and return to the pan. Bring back to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until desired gravy consistency is reached.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary.
- Carve beef against the grain, into thin slices, and serve with gravy.