Availability varies by market
Granville Island Brewing Swing Span Amber Ale
The ginger in this dish is the main reason why these two go so well together. It complements perfectly the lightly sweet toasted maltiness of Granville Island Swing Span Amber Ale and also goes beautifully with chard flavour from the chicken.
- 4 limes, juiced, plus the zest of 1 lime
- 1 bunch coriander, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 2 tsp. (10g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp. (10mL) fish sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely minced
- 2 tbsp. (30g) fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tbsp. (30g) Thai curry paste
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice, zest, coriander stems, sugar, fish sauce, oil, garlic, ginger and curry paste together.
- Slice each chicken breast into 4 strips lengthways and place in the bowl with the marinade, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak 32 wooden skewers in water for at least half an hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and thread each piece of chicken onto a skewer.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high heat and cook the chicken for 4 – 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with the coriander leaves.